xTerior: Exterior calculus in Mathematica
Authors: Alfonso García-Parrado and Leo C. Stein © 2013-2015 under GPL.
xTerior is a package for exterior calculus running under Mathematica. Some of its most notable points are:
- Efficient representation and handling of tensor valued differential forms.
- Implementation of the exterior derivative, the exterior covariant derivative, the co-differential and other standard derivations used in exterior calculus such as the inner contraction and the Lie derivative applied to differential forms.
- Possibility of computing variational derivatives of top rank forms.
- Full integration of coordinate charts with the aid of the xAct package xCoba. Implementation of the standard Cartan structure equations in generic co-bases and explicit coordinate representations.
A presentation about xTerior can be found here.
Download and installation
Current version: 0.9.0 (as of 23 August 2015). It is recommended to download the main xAct bundle, but you can also download the different files separately:
- xTerior.nb: source file.
- xTerior.m: package file. This file is automatically generated by Mathematica when xTerior.nb is saved. This is the only essential file.
- xTeriorDoc.nb: main documentation file.
- xTeriorSlideShowYT.nb: a talk about xTerior.
- General Public License.