SymManipulator: Symmetrized tensor expressions
Author: Thomas Bäckdahl © 2011-2015 under GPL.
Article: In preparation
SymManipulator is a package for handling symmetrized tensor expressions. Some relevant features of the package are:
- A flexible SymH object that can represent a general symmetrized tensor expression.
- The complete symmetry of the symmetrized object can be computed. When imposing a symmetric or antisymmetric group, a special quicker code is used. Older versions computed only a subgroup, but from version 0.8.5 the complete group is computed.
- Canonicalization of the SymH representation using the internal symmetries can also be done.
- Computation of a complete irreducible decomposition of an arbitrary spinor expression can be done using a single tool. (New in version 0.8.3)
- Fundamental spinor operators and tools for handling them are introduced. These are the irreducible parts of the covariant derivative acting on symmetric spinors. (New feature as of version 0.9.0)
- Improved code for some group theoretical algorithms in the external xperm executable. (New in version 0.9.2)
Download and installation
Current version: 0.9.3 (as of 23 August 2015). It is recommended to download the main xAct bundle, but you can also download the different files separately:
- SymManipulator.nb: source file.
- SymManipulator.m: package file. This file is automatically generated by Mathematica when SymManipulator.nb is saved. This is the only essential file.
- SymManipulatorDoc.nb: main documentation file.
- General Public License.
See the Installation notes.